Business Development Associate Nigeria
The Business Development Associate is responsible for recruiting, training and supporting a network of women entrepreneurs (“Solar Sister Entrepreneurs”) in a defined region. The Business Development Associate is responsible to oversee assist and guide the Solar Sister Entrepreneurs in growing and developing their small business ventures to bring clean energy access to their communities. The individual will report to the Nigeria Country Manager.
Our ideal candidate will bring a commitment to Solar Sister’s mission of creating energy access for everyone, everywhere. The candidate will have the ability to work independently and will have a strong background in training, coaching and mentoring and strong past experience in understanding business and marketing as well as a solid understanding of coaching principles as it relates to entrepreneurial venture. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
This position is full time and requires frequent travel to develop and support the network of entrepreneurs. We are currently looking to fill multiple positions in the following locations in Nigeria: Imo State, Kogi State, Rivers State, Ondo State, Kebbi State, Adamawa State, Lagos State, Anambra State, Cross River and Niger State.
- Represent Solar Sister in designated region
- Recruit new Solar Sister Entrepreneurs to the network
- Train new Solar Sister Entrepreneurs in business skills, entrepreneurship skills, technical knowledge, leadership skills and agency skills using the Solar Sister methodology
- Coach new and existing Solar Sister Entrepreneur by providing guidance, support and challenge to help them build and grow their businesses
- Work alongside Solar Sister Entrepreneurs to identify opportunities
- Work alongside Solar Sister Entrepreneurs to identify solutions to their business challenges
- Work alongside Solar Sister Entrepreneurs develop long-term, well-defined goals and realistic action plans to increase their sales to new and existing customers
- Aid in the identification of new products or services for existing markets or, new markets for existing products and services
- Arrange and facilitate weekly meetings with Solar Sister Entrepreneurs in their communities
- Manage logistics for distribution of products for region, including ordering, safe keeping and distribution of product for entrepreneurs’ inventories
- Process all sales transactions in accordance with Solar Sister procedures
- Maintain and update all required reports and data
- Achieve impact targets for region aligned with enterprise goals
- Superior organizational skills and time management
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Team-oriented and flexible
- Post-secondary degree in a business management or a related field
- Demonstrated experience working with small business
- Demonstrated facilitation and coaching experience
- Community leadership / sale experience a plus
- Willingness to travel to remote areas for community engagement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English and at least one local language
- Strong IT and social media skills
- Strong record keeping skills, attention to detail
- Self-starter and highly motivated
- Ability to accept and provide constructive feedback
- Effective deadline management skills
- Strong customer service orientation
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Solar Sister Nigeria Business Development Associate” and the location you are applying for in the subject.